This hand sized tactical torch from Klarus has a 603m beam distance and 1600 lumens of output. It has a dual tail button interface, a magnetic charge system also compatible with Micro-USB, battery indicator and comes supplied with a 3600mAh 18650 battery. Very long range tactical torch with CREE XHP 35 HI LED.
- Body crafted from aircraft-grade aluminium alloy with hard-anodised finish
- Toughened ultra-clear mineral glass lens with anti-corrosion coating
- Stainless steel strike bezel used to break glass, as a self defense tool
- Dual tactical switch interface can be operated using just one hand
- Primary Switch: Used to turn the light ON/OFF. While light is OFF, can be lightly pressed to temporarily access Turbo Mode.
- Mode Switch: While light is ON, used to cycle through outputs. While light is OFF, used to temporarily access either Low Mode or Strobe Mode.
- Features a pair of Programmable Settings for multi-purpose use
- Tactical Setting - Access to Turbo, High, and Low Modes. Temporary access to Strobe Mode.
- Outdoor Setting - Access to Turbo, High, Medium, Low, and S.O.S. Modes. Temporary access to Low Mode.
- ITS temperature control and heat-dissipating fins help prevent overheating
- Springs at bezel and tail help prevent damage from impacts, drops
- LED: CREE XHP35 HI D4 LED
- Power Source: 2 x CR123A OR 1 x 18650 (Included)
- IPX Rating: IPX-8 (Waterproof and submersible up to 2 meters)
- Impact Resistance: 1 meter
- Brightness Outputs:
- Turbo - 1600 Lumens - 1 Hour 12 Min.
- High - 400 Lumens - 4 Hours
- Medium - 100 Lumens - 14 Hours
- Low - 10 Lumens - 200 Hours
- Strobe - 1600 Lumens - 2 Hours 24 Min.
- S.O.S. - 100 Lumens - 42 Hours
- Keylight - 10 Lumens - 1 Hour 50 Min.
- Peak Beam Distance: 603 meters
- Peak Beam Intensity: 90902 cd
- Length - 161.5 mm
- Head Diameter - 45.2 mm
- Body Diameter - 25.4 mm
- Weight: 159 g
Note: Tactical grip ring is not availble on latest model.
- 1 x Magnetic Micro-USB Cable
- 1 x 18650 3600mAh 3.6V Lithium Ion Button Top Battery
- 1 x Lanyard
- 1 x Holster
- 1 x Spare O-Ring
I have the Klarus XT12-XML2-DGREY-A, and absolutely love that flashlight. However, someone got it wrong with the XT12GT. The first unit worked for about a week, and then suddenly the flashlight made some noise and just refused to turn on again.
This light is bright. It is a very powerful light.
Notes: The light will get hot on the high and turbo settings. Low and medium do not cause the light to get hot.
Pros: Small package. The light fits easily into a side pocket and perhaps a front pocket. It pushes the limits of being able to fit but it does indeed fit. It comes with a holster which may be the best option for some. The clip is strong and hold the light in place very well. The dual switch is a great feature to allow for low lumen operation when turbo isn't needed.
Cons: Not so much a con but more of a quirk. If you click the soft button while operating in a separate mode operated by the switch, the light will go to turbo. But then the light will not be able to turn off unless the switch is pressed again, rather than pressing the soft button. Just a quirk. I wouldn't say that I have any cons for this light.
It was a great purchase and works very well. This would be a great light for a police officer, security guard, bouncer, etc. Klarus as a brand seems very well made and high quality. The attention to detail is great.
I purchased this tactical torch a little over 4 months ago and have been using it for EDC (every-day carry). This light is extremely sturdy, which is noticeable simply by holding it. I've dropped it numerous times, has had car grease/oil on it, thrown into bags, etc. and never had a malfunction. I have even washed this tool with soap and water to get grime out of it multiple times; no rust in sight.
This flashlight is extremely bright on the high setting.