The Perun 2 is Olight's latest and most powerful headlamp. It is 25% brighter than the original Perun with a max output of 2,500 lumens and a 166m max throw. The upgraded Perun 2 also features a bigger 4000mAh 21700 battery which gives you longer runtimes and the improved charging efficiency means it charges 33% faster compared to the original Perun. The Perun 2 is very versatile and can be used as a headlamp or detached and used as a right angle light with the pocket clip or magnetic base. The Perun 2 also features a proximity protection function which dims the brightness if it is obstructed. This is a great headlamp if you're looking for high output and long runtimes. 4,000mAh 21700 rechargeable battery included.
Best outdoor Flashlights and Headlamps
- Max output of 2,500 lumens and 166m max throw
- 25% brighter than the original Perun
- 4000mAh 21700 rechargeable battery for longer runtimes
- Built-in proximity sensor will reduce brightness when constructed
- Can be used on the headband, two-way pocket clip or magnetic tail cap
- Fast charging speed with magnetic charging cable (included)
- Improved charging efficiency
- Compact body for easy carrying
- 1.5 meter impact resistance
- IPX8 waterproof rating
- Runs On: 1 x Customized 4000mAh 21700 battery (included)
- Max Beam Distance: 166m
- Peak Beam Intensity: 6,889cd
- Brightness Output:
- Level 1: 2500 - 800 Lumens - 2 + 175 mins
- Level 2: 500 Lumens - 270 mins
- Level 3: 120 Lumens - 18 Hours
- Level 4: 30 Lumens - 66 Hours
- Level 5: 5 Lumens - 12.5 days
- Impact Resistance: 1.5m
- Waterproof: IPX8
- Length - 120.7mm
- Head diameter - 28.6mm
- Body diameter - 27mm
- Weight: 161g (Including battery)
- Package Includes:
- 1 x Perun 2
- 1 x Customized 4000mAh 21700 battery
- 1 x Headband with silicone bracket
- 1 x MCC3 magnetic USB charging cable
- 1 x Lanyard
- 1 x User manual
Olight as usual have produce an excellent item.
This little flashlight is SO BRIGHT! it is small and easy to hold when walking (I use it mainly when out with my dog at night. It lights up the area very well so that I could see something like a coyote that might be out and about). You can clip it to your shirt or jacket, and probably even to a hat brim.
It does get HOT when you have it on the super high beam, so take caution with that.
Easy to charge, too, with a magnetic USB clip.
Pros: all metal construction. Magnetic charging cable. Big battery. Very bright flood light style beam. Easy to use. Can use on head or use provided clip to attach anywhere else you might want.
Cons: gets warm on full brightness but I feel like thats to be expected with any light putting out this amount of lumens. Not very good as a spot light/focused light.
Ive made the mistake of buying one of the cheap $20 headlamps prior to this that claimed a 2000 lumen rating that wasnt bright at all.
If you pay the extra money for this olight youll actually get a high quality light that can actually put out the lumen that it claims.
This tool is impressive. The variety of illumination settings make it versatile and the extended battery life in low power mode seems perfect for camping. I have yet to need a second charge cycle but the initial charge was quick and easy with the included usb charging adapter. I frequently do car work and the only way I can work is with a headlamp. By having a choice of long lasting brightness options, I can get under the hood and get my hands dirty without worrying about stopping and washing my hands to swap batteries or turning off the light to conserve power. Im sold!
Great light output, good throw. I really like the magnetic charging feature, I dont know why other companies havent implemented this. I use this light every evening when walking my dog (we live in the woods & there arent any street lights on my road so its very dark.) It does a great job illuminating the area in front of me & penetrating into the woods when I kick it up to the max setting. Not ready to give up my Surefire & Streamlight weapon lights but Id definitely be willing to try an Olight version after my positive experience with the Perun.